Sunday, May 05, 2013

DIY Baby Magnets for €4? Yes please!

Guys, this is such an easy DIY, it's almost a cheat.  No skills needed at all. If you got €4 and 15 minutes to spare you are sorted!

I recently discovered that Rián loves magnets. He can spend a good length of time at the fridge playing with them giving me precious time to get stuff done. So I needed more baby friendly magnets and I needed them quick. Off I went to find some with the a great vision in my head of nice designer type magnets, soft wooden shapes or quirky animals and figures or so. No luck. 

As a last resort I called into my favorite craft shop to see what they have on offer but instead of buying a ready made pack of not even fantastic magnets for a small fortune I found this guy:
 



The magnetic tape! For €4! Now this is the kinda price I like paying for stuff. :)) You can't see the price on the photo but trust me it is €4. At this in a craft shop in the shopping center. I bet you that B&Q or Woodies would have some even cheaper.

Back at home I thought long and hard what can I stick on that is safe to play with and come with a selection of very random stuff:

corks
jar tops
a rubber duck
a soft baby book
wooden building blocks



and then I just couldn't stop......:)

an outgrown baby shoe
and other baby book
few empty plastic bottles
and old teething ring



they all ended up on the fridge. And little mister trouble maker just loves them!



The only problem is that I had to remove the rubber duck from the selection as the dog kept running away with it. Until the issue resolves it went out of reach. Sorry Cooper! :)



Oh yes, the most important. The sticky bit on the magnet isn't great for the heavier stuff so for added safety use a drop of superglue. And you know, judge yourself and do not stick anything on that could be a choking hazard if it comes off. And always supervise your baby while playing. But you know all that anyway. :)

Make sure to check out and like our Facebook page to not to miss those very important daily updates.

Thank you for reading! :) Dora





No comments:

Post a Comment