Monday, April 22, 2013

27 unpainted eggs and flying alone with a 9 months old

It's been almost a month since I last blogged. Life has took over for a while but I'm slowly managing to get things back under control. I think anyway... If you read the last post you know I was on the way to the airport to pick up my friend and her family and we were gonna have a fun filled Easter with dinner parties every evening and plenty of sight seeing. Well yes..... that was the plan. However a vomiting bug going through the whole household for 3 full days wasn't in the plan. It was bad! For the rest of the week we had a great time and our friendship grew even stronger. However 27 unpainted eggs and big chunk of ham still in the freezer I can say Easter past by me without taking notice.

Also, another unpredictable turn of events, my Nana got very sick I had to fly to Hungary at a days notice. I ended up staying for 2 weeks, but now things are looking up and we are back home in Ireland and settling back to normality. May I mention here please that I flew twice with a 9 months old on my own and for that I think I deserve some sort of a medal. OMG!!! And I thought the last flight we had at 3 months was difficult.

Now enough of me nagging, that is not what you are here for.:)  I am full of ideas for the next while, so just bare with me. The only slight problem is that my Baba is now mobile and our days are hectic and more exhausting so I find myself more tired the ever before. (how is that even possible?) Also he pushed his bedtime from 6.30pm to 8.30pm which kinda screws up my freetime big time. I used to do my art and craft from 7-10pm. I have to adjust to this new routine which is still a work in progress.
On the upside  he only wakes once or twice now (waheyyy!!!) and does 1 big nap a day up to 2.5 blissful hours. 

For the next few weeks I'm planning to work on these projects:
- finish the play corner, see firsts step here
- make more sensory DIY toys inspired by the amazing Imagination Tree blog
- attack the garden and create an outdoor play area (where do you get used car tires for free I wonder)
- start making a quilt from Baba's outgrown clothes for his 1st birthday
- start making homemade decoration for the 1st birthday party

Personal goals to achieve:
- must keep up with my yoga  practice at least once a week, ideally twice! I am stressed out, unbalanced, stiff and still have a good bit of baby weight to shift off. Time has to be dedicated to yoga. Period.
- walk in the mornings again with the buggy and the dog and not to come up with excuses why I can't
- try new recipes and post them. Asian and Raw food in particular
- spring clean the house (hahahahahahaha, this is a joke obviously, unless I hire a cleaner which I can't afford or I get somebody to watch my son for like a week so I can start and finish jobs)
- drink more green smoothies and less coffee in the morning (for recipe see here)
- win the lotto and hire a nanny

Thanks for stopping by!

Picture below showing the result of my last projects. See tutorial here.









No comments:

Post a Comment