Saturday, January 05, 2013

Customized Baby Bodysuit


This is my first ever blog post! Are you excited? I am!! Since the idea came to me to blog I’m running lists of projects in my head which I planning to do and then share. Here is my first little ‘do-it-yourself’ project, I hope you like it. It is very simple, quick and budget conscious, a perfect nap time challenge . :)

All you need is a 100% cotton bodysuit, T-shirt graffiti markers and a cool image, logo or quote to draw onto the bodysuit.



I recommend placing a thick piece of cardboard inside the bodysuit to make it easy to draw on and to not let the ink stain the back. Even a small chopping board will do.

Sourcing:

  1. Plain white bodysuit: Tesco sells a pack of 7 for €8 or buy organic cotton 3 for €12 in H&M. They are both perfect for this purpose.
  2. Graffity markers: Home Focus at Hickeys at the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre or order from Amazon. It cost me €9 for the pack and I will get so much use out of them.

 Once you are finished drawing you will need to fix the ink to the cloth with a quick rub of the iron.

Here is my effort and I’m very happy with it, not bad for first attempt. Next time I will use a tailors chalk to draw outlines first as it is a bit off center. I took the image from the Internet and since then I’ve seen loads more cool stuff I want to do. I still have 6 body suits left from my pack of 7, so by the time I’m finished my little man can wear a different custom designed piece every day of the week. All for under €20… that’s a bargain! :) :) :)


5 comments:

  1. Hey Dora,
    Congrats on the first blog posting; I know what all my friends having babies will be getting as gifts. I'm in the market for wedding DIY and Home Decor tips so looking forward to seeing sons on your blog :)
    Abigail xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment Abi. They are a really great idea for a baby present, I've already started one for a friend of mine. Endless possibilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congretualtions on your blog! Well done, it is fantastic, looking forward to reading you again! As usual, you look fabulous holding your little boy. I miss you so much.
    Sophie
    XOXOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so so much Sophie, I'll see you guys very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete