Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Foam stamped matching T-shirts



Okay, my first and last post this week. I’m super excited, we have visitors from Germany on the way. Literally on the way. Hope the bloody snow won’t delay or even stop them. Seriously what is going on? This time last year we were having breakfast outside in 22 degrees… and now I’m sending the husband for more firewood and bought a sheepskin liner for the buggy… 

Anyway, point is that I have loads to get done before heading to the airport to make sure they are not walking into this scenery. (the mess

We have a busy week ahead I’m sure. 2 babies and 4 adults and a crazy dog under the 1 roof, but hey the more the merrier no? Funny to think that the last time I saw my friend we were both single and spent a week partying and now we are both mammies and our babies are 2 months apart in age.

My friend has a baby girl and I wanted to make some souvenir for her that she can keep. I also wanted Rián to have a keep sake. So I thought I will make a matching T-shirts for them with a simple design including the date on somehow. The husband said it’s cheesy, I think it’s damn cute and I will make sure to take a photo with the two little spuds wearing them and post it. 

So I got 2 similar white t-shirt in H&M. They were €3 each. I bought fabric paint (€5-10 in craft shops depending on the brand) and a sheet of foam (95 cents). I did some research on this technique and it seemed fairly easy, however I had no idea what the outcome would be like. It turned out well, better than I expected, the lines are nice and clear. The paint didn’t go evenly with all the stars, but I kinda like that weathered look anyway. I used a wall paint brush to paint the neck and sleeve lines but I could have done a much better job with a small artist paint brush.

Pictures below. Do you like it? I can see myself already doing a few more T-shirts for a special occasions like 1st Birthday with the number 1 all over it. For the writing I used a Sharpie fabric marker.












Have you tried foam stamping yet?








1 comment: