Monday, March 04, 2013

Homamade patterns






7.5 months into motherhood and my dream of raising my son with ONLY organic, natural, homemade, designer and eco friendly toys are long gone. Fisherprice slowly but surely made its way into the house in forms of Christmas and other presents and I must admit that some of the flashy plastic loud toys are actually very handy keeping him busy and giving me a few minutes break now and again.

However I’m still going strong with my idea of simple toys that will allow his creativity to develop and fun will not be delivered with the touch of a button.

My son likes to play with every day household items and an empty container keeps him busy for ages. Below is a quick and cheap idea for homemade toys using empty containers. I used colored tape from the hardware shop to create bold patterns that babies just love! He likes to play with it and I like the look of it. It’s a win-win. :)

You can fill it pasta, beans or rice to make a fantastic rattle. For extra safety fill it and then glue on the lid. 



No comments:

Post a Comment