Friday, January 11, 2013

The Very Green Monster




They say if you start your day with one of these super healthy green smooties you will be amazingly energized and well fed at the same time. Well, I tell you, this morning I needed that. Since Rián is on solids we always have plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables in the house so I got brave and gave this green monster a go.

Ingredients:

half of an apple
handful of spinach leaves
1 pot of natural yoghurt
a small bit cucumber
half of a dried Lemongrass stalk  (you can find it in Tesco)
2 tbsp porridge
2-3 ice cubes



Method:

Give baby a piece of cucumber to be entertained while you get your stuff ready. Put all into the blender, blend for about 10-15 sec... and done. Now I must say it is very very green and smells exactly as you would expect from the ingredients. Normally I’m all into vegetables but I really had to convince myself to change my cup of coffee for this.

What helps is the presentation. I put into a wine glass, added some porridge on the side and sat down to drink it. Or maybe eat it… I’m not sure what the correct term is.

The effect was unbelievable. Within 20 minutes I felt like somebody who had 3 cans of Redbull. No joke! And this is very unusual behavior from me at 6.30 am.:)

On top of it as an added bonus guess who else loved it? My hungry baby who so far eats everything, and I mean everything that I give him. Actually he demands to try whatever I’m having. We are so lucky with him! I can’t wait to cook properly for 3 without having to puree or mash and even more I can’t wait to share all my lunches with him. I love having him at the table. His highchair doesn’t have a tray so he is right up against the table and it makes mealtime so much fun. Good food and great company, that’s a happy Friday. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment