Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Special Day


Our little baby was 6 months old today. Hard to believe, it really is. I feel so sentimental today, I wanted the three of us to celebrate this huge milestone. I know it may be perhaps unusual to do so, however to me it feels like a pretty big deal. Before I had him I had no idea what a life changing experience motherhood is. It rocked my world and turned everything upside down. And despite the fact that my previously super tidy house is a constant mess, a good night sleep has a very different meaning and life with a baby is nothing like I pictured before it made me the happiest I’ve ever been.

I wanted to mark this day with a "cake" some sort. 
 
 
If your baby is nearly 6 months and you would like to make a silly “cake” like mine, here is what you do:

Ingredients:

1-2 tbs porridge
1 tbs of pudding rice
Half banana
Few berries

Method:

Cook the pudding rice in water until soft.
Cook the porridge in water until soft.
Combine and blend into puree. Keep it thick and heavy.
Mash in a half banana and some berries.
Pour into a mold shape and put into the freezer for about an hour.
Remove from the mold by warming the mold with your hand and pushing the cake out at the same time. It’s pretty trouble free.
Serve and enjoy!


While it’s still frozen it works as great teether then a great dinner treat when melts.
Tip: Do a trial run in the morning with baby’s breakfast porridge to test for the best consistency. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment